One of the most frequently asked questions we get from first-time customers is: what’s the difference between a standard residential cleaning vs deep cleaning service, and which do I need? In the hands of the best cleaning company in Cleveland, any one of these cleaning services can be life-changing for you.
In this article, we’ll help you decide which type of professional home cleaning you need for different occasions and situations by doing a deep dive into the meaning and inclusions of these awesome cleaning services.
Standard Cleaning — What Does It Mean?
Regular or standard home cleaning is an excellent way to maintain your space. When you book a standard clean from a professional home cleaning company, they’ll send a house cleaner to do the following:
- Dust every room of your home
- Sweep and mop floors thoroughly
- Vacuum your floors and carpets
- Empty waste bins and replace liners
- Clean mirrors
- Dust windowsills
- Clean and wipe kitchen countertops
- Clean and wipe exterior surfaces of appliances
- Scrub toilets, bathrooms, and bathtubs
- Make the beds
Standard cleaning aims to stay on top of your household chores. The local cleaner will take care of common cleaning tasks you normally do on weekends. Ideally, a standard cleaning could be booked weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly as part of a regular cleaning schedule. It doesn’t take as long as a deep clean and costs less, plus it comes with a discount if you book a recurring appointment.
Deep Cleaning — What Is It and Why Do I Need It?
On the other hand, a deep cleaning service is more intensive, like next-level spring cleaning done for you by the pros. When you book this, you can request your house cleaner to:
- Do a detailed cleaning of corners and baseboards
- Clean and disinfect light switches and doorknobs in each room at home
- Spot clean and remove scuff marks on your walls
- Clean inside kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom cabinets
- Clean hard water stains from chrome bathroom fixtures
- Clean and vacuum staircases and hallways
- Deep clean the dishwasher
- Deep clean your refrigerator
- Deep clean windows
- Do window cleaning from the inside
- Do a thorough cleaning of blinds and ceiling fans
Unlike standard cleaning, deep cleaning can effectively resolve problem areas that would take hours to pull off DIY cleaning. Here, the house cleaner removes accumulated gunk, soap scum, and stains and sanitizes and disinfects your home. A deep cleaning may be more expensive, but the result is absolutely worth it.
When Do You Need a Deep Cleaning Service?
Generally, you don’t necessarily need a weekly deep clean, but it’s highly recommended in the following scenarios:
- You’ve got a newborn baby coming home from the hospital
- You’ve got someone sick coming home from the hospital
- You’re going to move into a new home or apartment with previous tenants
- You’re moving out of your rental, and you want your deposit back
- You want to get rid of the stink coming from your kitchen
- You want your house to look fabulous for the holidays — Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, or Fourth of July
- You’ve got meticulous guests coming over — say, your mother or mother-in-law— and you want to impress them
Premium Home Cleaning Service for Different Needs
Whatever your cleaning needs, there’s FreshSpace Cleaning to help you!
We offer top-notch cleaning services in different locations nationwide. Our professional house cleaners are carefully screened and background-checked for your peace of mind. We offer flexible, no-contract cleaning services, such as:
- One-time cleaning
- Standard cleaning
- Regular cleaning
- Deep cleaning services
- Post-construction cleaning
- Move-in/move-out cleaning
Keep your home sparkling clean always. Book a home cleaning today!